Data Form

Copper Contributor

I have 2 files that utilize the Data Form and Data Queries. Last week, the data form in both of these files stopped working. When I click the Form button in the ribbon, excel crashes. When I click my activex button with the .ShowDataForm VBA, a second button pops up while i am holding the button down...if i click that one while it is popped up excel crashes. If i run the line of code directly from the VBA Editor, I get the following error message:

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Automation error

The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Right around the time this stopped working, our company had a network upgrade where all of our IP addresses were changed. I thought this might be the cause of the problem so i remade these files and copied the data over. The file worked for me, opening and closing them until another employee opened the file on another computer. This broke BOTH of the files even though they only opened 1 of them.

The data queries only reference tables within the same file, so I am not sure if they are part of the problem. The other odd thing is that if I convert the tables to normal ranges, then the Form button works. AND I can create a new table and the Form button will work for those tables.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Replies