SOLVED

Customised Font colour -How to save

Copper Contributor

I needed the font of numbers/words to reflect a customised colour. 

(Pls note I am NOT talking about the colour of a cell).

I created my own font colour* by using the customised RGB option .

How can I "save" this color so that in the future I will be able to pick it from a menu without the need to recreate it ?

( I can see that the customised color remains as an option as a "recent" color when I remain within my current session of Excel but if I exit Excel and come back in again , those recent colors are no longer shown)

* I actually created a set of 10 customised colors , so the question becomes more pertinent

4 Replies

@carl1967mentions 

You might create a custom style for each color. Make sure that the style affects only the font:

S2344.png

They will become available in Cell Styles on the Home tab of the ribbon.

If you want to use the same styles in another workbook, you can merge styles between two open workbooks.

S2345.png

Thanks Hans. Worked well !
Follow up question : If I want to customise the color of a tab name, according to a pre-defined customised color, how could it be done ?
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@carl1967mentions 

One option would be to create a macro that applies the desired color to the sheet tab. If you create the macro in your personal macro workbook PERSONAL.XLSB, it will be available in all workbooks.

You can assign the macro to a custom Quick Access Toolbar button if desired.

Otherwise, I fear you'll have to apply the color to a cell first. It will then be available in the Recent Colors list during the session. I don't know of another way to make it available there.

HansVogelaar_0-1678888649516.png

Wow ! Works well. Thanks for your help !
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@carl1967mentions 

One option would be to create a macro that applies the desired color to the sheet tab. If you create the macro in your personal macro workbook PERSONAL.XLSB, it will be available in all workbooks.

You can assign the macro to a custom Quick Access Toolbar button if desired.

Otherwise, I fear you'll have to apply the color to a cell first. It will then be available in the Recent Colors list during the session. I don't know of another way to make it available there.

HansVogelaar_0-1678888649516.png

View solution in original post