create a database and map for cemetery in excel office 365

New Contributor

I would like to create a database and map for a cemetery I manage using excel. I have office 365 online and I was thinking that there might be a template that I could use. I am that familiar at all with how to use excel and maybe it's over my head. I have used a mapping program online and it is quite easy but it's costly and so I was hoping to do the same thing using my office subscription that i'm already paying for. Thanks 

8 Replies

@Brian98   I am looking for the same thing in either Excel or Access.  have you had any luck?  

@JYoung410 not yet but I just posted the question again earlier today and got a few responses so far I will let you know if anything pans out

I also would be interested in any replies you receive. Thank you.

@JYoung410 I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH A PLAIN INVENTORY TEMPLATE THAT I FOUND IT'S IS WORKING OK ...JUST HAVE TO LEARN AS YOU GO WITH THINGS LIKE DROP DOWN BOXES AND FORMATTING PICTURES INTO CELLS, ADDING COMMENT ECT.....BUT I THINK I FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE TO THOSE HIGH PRICED COMPLICATED MAPPING PROGRAMS THAT ARE AVIALABLE...IT'S CALLED THE CRYPT KEEPER CEMETERY DATA BASE SOFTWARE....HAS EVERTHING I AM GOING TO NEED TO MAP OUT MY CEMETERIES AND CREATE A SEARCHABLE DATABASE AND IT'S CUSTOMIZABLE...THIS GUY GETS IT....NOTHING FANCY BUT IT WORKS GREAT...IT HAS A FREE TRIAL AND ONLY COST AROUND $ 55 PER YEAR...I TOLD HIM I WOULD LET OTHERS I KNOW KNOW ABOUT IT....I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT EVERY NIGHT FOR AN HOUR OR SO AND I REALLY THINK IT'S THE ANSWER....AS WORD OF MOUTH IS BEST ADVERTISING LET HIM KNOW WHERE YOU HEARD ABOUT IT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU...BRIAN'S LAWNCARE SCPBGL87@GMAIL.COM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AND GOOD LUCK!

I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH A PLAIN INVENTORY TEMPLATE THAT I FOUND IT'S IS WORKING OK ...JUST HAVE TO LEARN AS YOU GO WITH THINGS LIKE DROP DOWN BOXES AND FORMATTING PICTURES INTO CELLS, ADDING COMMENT ECT.....BUT I THINK I FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE TO THOSE HIGH PRICED COMPLICATED MAPPING PROGRAMS THAT ARE AVIALABLE...IT'S CALLED THE CRYPT KEEPER CEMETERY DATA BASE SOFTWARE....HAS EVERTHING I AM GOING TO NEED TO MAP OUT MY CEMETERIES AND CREATE A SEARCHABLE DATABASE AND IT'S CUSTOMIZABLE...THIS GUY GETS IT....NOTHING FANCY BUT IT WORKS GREAT...IT HAS A FREE TRIAL AND ONLY COST AROUND $ 55 PER YEAR...I TOLD HIM I WOULD LET OTHERS I KNOW KNOW ABOUT IT....I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT EVERY NIGHT FOR AN HOUR OR SO AND I REALLY THINK IT'S THE ANSWER....AS WORD OF MOUTH IS BEST ADVERTISING LET HIM KNOW WHERE YOU HEARD ABOUT IT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU...BRIAN'S LAWNCARE SCPBGL87@GMAIL.COM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AND GOOD LUCK!
why you dont use map charts in excel? its pretty smart specially if you are in usa
YES! I have heard of Crypt Keeper! It does look like a great program! Thanks!