copy data

Copper Contributor

hello

i want to copy cell contents from cell above by just typing the first letter or so of the cell above. this seems to work when the vacant cell is directly below but not always when it is a few cells below.

also i would like to do similar when the cell contents stats with a blank. I am trying to get a series of relevant comments for a number of different rows where comments are not relevant to each row. Then put them together as one series of comments to paste into another doc. . 

appreciate any advice 

3 Replies

@gmo123 

If you turn your data into a Table (using Ctrl T)  I think that should give the ability to leave blank cells and still have autocomplete work 

clipboard_image_0.png

Should work when text starts with blank, providing you also type a blank, otherwise I'd do a quick TRIM() function on the data then copy and paste values back over the orginal to get rid of those leading spaces.

Not sure what you meant by this bit sorry...

"get a series of relevant comments for a number of different rows where comments are not relevant to each row. Then put them together as one series of comments to paste into another doc. . "

@Wyn Hopkins 

thanks, your system worked, however when i went to copy into another doc it showed as a box rather than just a line of text so not ideal.  but i have been talking to other staff here and am trying another system using if statement and then concatenate

thank you

If you paste values there should be no box