Convert Column from Date to Text with Date Format only IF Cell contains "something"

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

If anyone knows how to do this I'd be very grateful.

Since I am using Power Automate and it doesn't read values from cells/rows/columns in Date format I am manually converting a column of Date values into text with the format of my choosing using: =TEXT([@[Reference Date]], "MM/DD/YYYY") . and then using this new column, in this case: 'Reference Date Formatted' for my Power Automate Flow. 

While this is working fine, I am running into an issue where if there is no value in the referenced cell it will populate the cell of the new column with 01/01/1900. I understand why this occurs, but I'd like to avoid it.

Because of my programming background I am thinking of executing my formula of =TEXT([@[Reference Date]], "MM/DD/YYYY") only IF there is SOMETHING in the previously referenced column.

Any ideas how I might do this? 
Any suggestions / tips / formulas would be greatly appreciated.

Same thing where there is no value in referenced columns for going from currency format to text then back to currency using:=TEXT([@Discounts],"$#,##0.00")

BCCTommyS_0-1663091028764.png

I'd prefer a blank spaces in what is returned from my excel table :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

BCCTommyS_1-1663091209252.png

1 Reply

@BCCTommyS 

I'd do that on Power Automate site, something like

=formatDateTime(addDays('1900-01-01T00:00:00Z', int(item()?['MyDate'])), 'yyyy-MM-dd')