Consolidating text and data into a single PivotTable

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Each month, I generate a PivotTable for my credit card expenses. Each month is a separate worksheet.  Here are screenshots of the data (#1) and the PivotTable (#2) that I generate each month.

DataTable-example.JPG

PivotTable-example.JPG

I now want to consolidate the entire year's data into a single PivotTable. Using the PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard I select "multiple consolidation ranges" and "PivotTable" as the report to be generated. I add each dataset from January to September but the result (below) does not produce the same type of PivotTable as the above. How do I get that done?

PivotTable-consolidate.JPG

Thanks

TerryA

1 Reply

@TerryAS60 I suspect you pointed at the monthly data tables when you created the new pivot table from multiple consolidation ranges. But, if I'm not mistaken, you need to point at partial ranges (boxed in red in the picture below) in each of the monthly pivot  tables to create the consolidated pivot table that will look the same as the monthly ones.

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 11.51.07.png

Alternatively, "join" all monthly data tables together with PowerQuery, load to the Data Model end create your pivot table from there. Easier to set-up and maintain in my opinion.

Or, even easier, dump all transactions in one large table from the start run a pivot table on that one. Easy summarize by month, cardholder, merchant. Whatever.