Conditional Formatting reverting back to default font size and justification

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have an excel workbook that I'm using as a template for a FileMaker script that runs the Scribe plugin from 360Works. This is for a client of mine who's using a FileMaker database to gather data, but runs her reports so they can be viewed in excel. I have a feeling only 360Works will be able to help me with this, but any thoughts you have could be helpful.

The conditional formatting & regular formatting that I've applied to the sheets in my workbook seem to be working just fine. But when I run the FileMaker script (in which scribe loads the workbook and writes values to the cells one by one), and I open the resulting workbook, for the cells that are conditionally formatted (which is the vast majority of the workbook) things like size, justification, using percentage with 1 decimal place (things that can't be conditionally formatted) have changed to what I believe is the workbook default of size 12, arial, left justified, even though I have specified what they should be using the normal formatting tools. The odd thing is that this doesn't happen to every cell and there is no discernible pattern as to which cells have be reformatted and which have not. I'm sure the ones that have changed all have something in common but I can't tell what that is. 

Do you have any ideas for what I could do to the template to prevent this from happening after Scribe writes to it? And can you think of reasons why some cells change formatting while some do not.

And one more thing: when Scribe brings in all the data, most of it ends up with that green icon in the cell and my client has to highlight a group of cells and click "convert to number". The trouble is, there are a lot of these groups, separated by non-number cells, in many sheets, so she has to do this procedure many times. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. It will be greatly appreciated!

0 Replies