SOLVED

Conditional Formatting Formula Error

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I've tried using the formula below within conditional formatting, but it returns "There's a problem with this formula" (If screenshots would help, I can provide those).

=COUNTIFS(Attendance_Tracker[Employee Name],Employee_Name,Attendance_Tracker[Start Date],"<="&B7,Attendance_Tracker[End Date],">="&B7,Attendance_Tracker[Absence Type],'Attendance & Tardiness Codes'!$A$3)>0

Normally I would just assume I typed something wrong, but the formula works outside of the conditional formatting rules. I'm a little confused on what I might be missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Corder (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Corder 

Conditional Formatting does not accept structured table references in a formula. You'll have to use the corresponding cell addresses.

Thank you! I found that if you name the cells, you can use that name as a reference.
Select the range of cells in a column where some of the cells contain errors.
Click the Home tab in the Ribbon and select Conditional Formatting in the Styles group.
Select New Rule from the drop-down menu.
Click Use a formula to determine which cells to format.

Regards,
Will
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Corder (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Corder 

Conditional Formatting does not accept structured table references in a formula. You'll have to use the corresponding cell addresses.

View solution in original post