Conditional Formatting Blank Cells

Copper Contributor

I am needing a rule that will allow me to highlight blank cells yellow if they are less than 30 days from the date in Column A.  Then change to red if it goes past the 30 day mark, until data is entered.  FYI, I had to remove info from Columns B & C for privacy purposes.  There will always be information in these 2 columns.  

SmithJM157_0-1647806021732.png

7 Replies

@SmithJM157 

Select the range D2:U17 (or further to the right and down if necessary).D2 should be the active cell in the selected range.

On the Home tab of the ribbon, select Conditional Formatting > New Rule...

Select 'Use a formula to determine which cells to format'.

Enter the formula

=AND($A2<=TODAY(),D2="")

Click Format...

Activate the Fill tab.

Select yellow.

Click OK, then click OK again.

Repeat these steps, but with the formula

=AND($A2<=TODAY()-30,D2="")

and red as fill color.

very good
Thank you for the response. I highlighted the columns that I need the formulas applied to, and have built the rules as shown and it does not appear to be doing it correctly for me.

@SmithJM157 

Please attach a sample workbook demonstrating the problem, or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar.

@SmithJM157 

Your sample workbook doesn't contain ANY conditional formatting rule, so it's impossible to tell why it didn't work for you...

S1227.png

I have attached the workbook with the two rules that I proposed.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I recreated what you did and after some trial and error got it to work.