Conditional formating and date equations

Copper Contributor

I'm using Excel for web.

I have a column F, where we enter a date that task F is completed. 

Column G is an equation that autofills a date for a follow-up task:  =IF(F95, F95+14)

Column I has the same equation, but is based on the date for column G, which can be updated manually to the actual date that the task G was completed.  =IF(G95, G95+14)

The dates all work fine.  I want Conditional Formatting to turn the date's text red for columns G or I when the date has come.  The CF statement is:  Cell Value <= "TODAY()"

The cells in F, G, and I are formatted to dates.  Yet everywhere there is a date filled in (unfilled dates show up as FALSE), the text turns red, even if the date hasn't come yet.  Is this possible to correct?  Thank you for your help.  All my Excel training is very old.

3 Replies

@BHofKS 

It should work:

S1146.png

Could you attach a small sample workbook that demonstrates the problem? If you cannot attach to a reply, you can make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar.

Thanks for your reply. It's not something I can post online at all. I'm assuming you used the same info in yours with no problem. It might be a web problem.

@BHofKS 

I used the exact conditional formatting rule mentioned by you.