Changing References in Main Sheet Formulas to Reflect Different Sheets Automatically

Copper Contributor

My master sheet contains a condensed budgetary tracking log, pulling data from various budget sheets.

Currently, the section "Concrete" shown in yellow contains a series of conditions tied to various cells & equations in the "Concrete" tab. I would like to copy all of the formulas in the yellow section, and apply them to all the sections in green so that each sheet infills the correct, corresponding data into my table for it's appropriately labeled section.

My problem and question is, how do I change the reference for each cell without having to do so manually? Is there a way to automatically change the sheet reference from "Concrete" to "Structural Steel" without individually plugging it into every single formula?

YurHucklebarry_0-1644959900532.png

1 Reply

Hi @YurHucklebarry 

theoretically, this is possible with the INDIRECT-function. But due to the structure of you sheet it would things make more complicated.

I propose to really just copy the formulas and do a find & replace on the sheet name.