Essentially as stated in the header, with the following additional information:

* This only applies to the first 35 rows

* No problem to insert or delete rows starting row 36

* There are no protections on the sheet or the workbook

* There are no defined edit ranges

Any ideas?

10 Replies

Hi @henk_buurman 

It might be difficult to assess the situation without the snapshot of the screen.

If there is no confidential data in the file, you can share, so we can take a look together.

Cheers

@wumolad 

thanks for replying. I have added to snapshots. As you can see, it is a sheet with ~70 columns and currently 200 rows that is used to plan IT colleagues on various projects. First column are names and fifth column are projects, blanked for obvious reasons. First pic shows right click on row <36 and second pic right click on row >35.

Thanks

@henk_buurman 

One of possible reasons if you have another table somewhere to the right or to the left. For example, for such combination

image.png

row delete/add menu will be greyed for rows from 7 to 12 and active for all other ones

image.png

and

image.png

Hi @henk_buurman 

I believe the problem can be resolved by selecting the table rows itself instead of the Excel row.

Selecting the Excel rows will disable the insert and delete options when there is another table on the other side of the table. See below:

wumolad_0-1597322696760.png

However, if you select the rows in the table, both delete and insert options are enabled, even though there is another table beside the current table:

wumolad_1-1597322961204.png

I hope this resolves the issue.

Cheers

@wumolad 

If only the reason is in second table. That could be more exotic issues, but without the file it's hard to say.

Hi @Sergei Baklan 

Exactly. Let's wait and hear from him to provide an update.

Cheers

@wumolad 

@Sergei Baklan 

That's it guys! After your suggestions I found a hidden table to the right of the one I showed you. Moving that table solved the issue.

Please accept my grateful thanks.

Henk

@henk_buurman 

Henk, so far so good, glad to help

Hi @henk_buurman 

Glad to be of help.

Cheers