can i make "side notes" on my excel spreadsheet?

Copper Contributor

i have created a spreadshet(well actually 5 spread sheets under 1 title.) 

Most of what I've got written down are things such as BIG chores that requrie specific steps to be done in the correct order in order for those things to get done safely.

I've got the lists typed out, but i'm wondering if i can attach notes that give the step-by- step process so  each "chore"/"task"  has the steps right there and hopefully keepig any major injuries while working.

Currently i write each task out by hand, then i Write out the"step-by-step" things they need to follow in order to do things right and not get hurt.. ( Honestly i'm absolutly sick of having to write everything down all the time.!)

Anyway if anyone can tell me how to do this or maybe can point me in the right direction of a program that might suit my needs better I would be immensely appreciated. I cant even begin to tell you how much a program that could do what i already mentioned earlier.

It would be AMAZING if you could help me make this urrent program work for me, or even if you know of a nother program out there that might help.

I don't need anything fancy, i need it to be basically "idiot friendly" because I am really terrable with computers! 

but if I can somehow add notes to my current program that would be send me WWAAAY over the moon with excitement and honesly-a Gigantic relief and weight removed from my shoulders.

I look forward to hearing back from you

thank you for your time

Amber Blackler

1 Reply

@ace8580usmc 

You can write your step by step instructions in MS Word, then in excel you add a column where you can put a hyperlink in the instruction file that you created in MS Word.

Yea_So_0-1633595503963.png

You can select existing file, or another sheet in the excel document, or Create a new document, or browse the Instruction file within the PC

Yea_So_1-1633595582422.png

once you select the file, the text you typed into the cell becomes a hyperlink to the file so when the user clicks the hyperlink it opens the instruction file.

cheers