BUG Excel on PC not reading apple pencil marks from iPad Pro

Copper Contributor

I am a field worker, and I often write into excel cells with my apple pencil on my iPad pro. The .xlsx file is saved into OneDrive, which I then open at a later time on my Windows 10 PC. Up until about 1.5 weeks ago, I always saw the data written into excel with the apple pencil on the PC. Today, I noticed that I am no longer able to see the written data on the PC. I was very concerned at first because I thought perhaps I had lost the data. But when I looked on my iPad, the data was there.

This is very problematic for me, as I am entering into my busy field season and I need this functionality to work. In fact, it is for this functionality that I chose OneDrive as my cloud storage despite its many limitations. I have attached screenshots showing the view of the same file from the iPad Pro and from the PC. I have confirmed that excel is updated on both devices. 

iPadOS 13.4.1

Windows 10 Home Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.778)

Dell Inspirion 7573

1 Reply

Apparently someone got the message, because the issue appears to be fixed. I'm on auto-update, so I don't know if or when I got a new version.