BRINGING CELLS TO SAME TEXT FORMAT

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Back here again after seeing how fast the last issue of mine got solved. This time around i am wondering IF there is any way(i am willing to try VBA if needed) to bring the text from a range of cells in a column to a desired(always the same) format. I am bringing data(text and values) from different files that are basically saying the same thing but in another format to a main file that I later have to pivot so I can extract the values. Is there any way to format directly the B column to the same text?something like: if b2 contains "Jason" or "statham"=> "Jason Statham" but for multiple(water, milk, office chair, etc. ...)conditions?

bucharestWine_0-1683810073095.png

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies
1 f you have range of data with COLUMN A and B somewhere, you can try VLOOKUP.
2 The range of data must contain two columns of FORMAT YOU HAVE and DESIRED TEXT, then only it can find out.
3. We don't know the values for the above two columns like what are the keywords you have and how you want them, in DESIRED TEXT column.

Hello!
Thank you for your answer. Maybe I overcomplicated the issue a little and even posted a wrong picture of what i am trying to achieve. The point is that I always bring columns from other sets of data that contains miss-spelled words(maybe shortcuts too). Given this, I have to replace all the missplaced letters manually(sometimes even delete some)only so the NEW column matches the existing one otherwise when creating a pivot-table later on it would create a new position instead of adding the value to the original one.