SOLVED

Autofill Options not available

Copper Contributor

I would like to fill in the sequence:

A

B

C

This used to be easy in the old Excels (yes, going back decades). Now I see that I have to drag, then select the "Autofill Box" which magically appears and choose an option. Problem is, that box does not appear in my version of Excel - sorry, I can't find the version, so can't add that detail... I have done the File/Options/Advanced thing and enabled Autofill. As a matter of fact, I can complete the sequence 

But no way to do the alphabet thing. Don't worry, I have done the deed manually and will get on with my work, but I'm not happy! Please give me a tip

3 Replies
best response confirmed by sailho (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @sailho 

Have a look at File > Options > Advanced and go down to General and click onto Edit Custom Lists.

capture20190909095846085.png

In Custom Lists, you can see what is already programmed and you can even add your own sequences if you want.

capture20190909100029756.png

You'll be able to see if A, B, C, etc is in the list (if it's not then this is likely why your autofill isn't working).

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

@Damien Rosario 

Many thanks for the prompt response. I imported my sequence as suggested and checked the functionality - it worked!

I hope sometime I will need this sequence again so that the result is worth time spent :)

Glad to help @sailho

Best wishes to you!

Cheers

Damien 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sailho (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @sailho 

Have a look at File > Options > Advanced and go down to General and click onto Edit Custom Lists.

capture20190909095846085.png

In Custom Lists, you can see what is already programmed and you can even add your own sequences if you want.

capture20190909100029756.png

You'll be able to see if A, B, C, etc is in the list (if it's not then this is likely why your autofill isn't working).

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

View solution in original post