SOLVED

Autofill in excel

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have no problem using the autofill to fill values with equations in excel.

However, there is a problem recently. Whenever I autofill these cells, they always appears same value as the initial cell at first (so they just copy the initial cell value, not fill equatio. They only changes to correct value when I use "save", then the cells change to correct value.

4 Replies

@Luke_Deng 

Make sure that Calculation Options on the Formulas tab of the ribbon is set to Automatic.

@Hans Vogelaar Thanks a lot. I have changed the formula to automatic. 

However, as I mentioned, I did not have this problem before. It was automatic by default setting and I have not ever changed it at all. I do not know why this setting changed to manual recently? 

best response confirmed by Luke_Deng (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Luke_Deng 

Most common reason if you open any workbook was set to manual mode (not necessary your workbook, any other one), each next opened workbook automatically will be shifted on manual mode.

@Luke_Deng

The Calculation Options setting is saved with the workbook.

If you happen to open a workbook in which Calculation Options was set to Manual when it was last saved, Excel will leave Calculation Options set to Manual until the end of the session unless you explicitly set it to Automatic again.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Luke_Deng (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Luke_Deng 

Most common reason if you open any workbook was set to manual mode (not necessary your workbook, any other one), each next opened workbook automatically will be shifted on manual mode.

View solution in original post