Attn to Mr Hans Vogelaar

Copper Contributor

Hi Hans

the And and Or If Functions I'm using, for checks, in the attached file are working perfectly; new identical functions could not be made functional in the same file for new checks. Hope it's well summarised and clear now.  I'm afraid I don't know how to reply by email (it's not delivered to you) and I'don't know how to keep the discussion, so I'm creating a new ticket. Thanks in advance Regards

Hi Hans

you have been of great help weeks ago on Macros and I thank you again for that;

you save me a lot of time avoiding to rewrite Macros.

I'm sure you will be of great help again.

Issue today is with IF functions:

AND) when adding new data to a file, I need to ensure new "names" are the same as existing "names", sorted equally, to avoid mixing data per "name", which would mean data useless;

OR ) to notice when data per name is fixed, in this case over a period of 3 entries.

I'm attaching an extraction of my file, where several of these checks are done.

As mentioned in my request, when introducing a new check, function was not reacting as I was expecting, implying the checks were not done.

I remember now, that this week an update of Windows occurred, shifting Office into 365;

Office is now back to version I bought 

Thank you for your support 

Regards 

De : Microsoft Tech Community <MicrosoftTechCommunity@us.khoros-mail.com>
Envoyé : vendredi 19 mars 2021 14:57
À : jorge.m.leitao@outlook.com <jorge.m.leitao@outlook.com>
Objet : Hans Vogelaar mentioned you in Microsoft Tech Community

Hi JorgeLx,

Hans Vogelaar (MVP) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

Re: Multiple IF Function

@JorgeLx 

A condition such as D7=E7=F7 won't do what you want. It is equivalent to (D7=E7)=F7, so it is TRUE if D7=E7 and F7=TRUE or if D7<>E7 and F7=FALSE.

And the closing parenthesis of OU(...) is placed incorrectly.

It should be

=SI(OU(ET(D7=E7;D7=F7);ET(D8=E8;D8=F8));"yes";"no")

Hello

I'm used to If Functions, And and Or, on multiple version (ex: =SI(OU(D7=E7=F7;D8=E8=F8;...;"yes";"no)); in some cases to check numbers, in others to check text, names eventually alphanumeric; it may happen that cells with text are declared has numbers (if I have to insert columns, for numbers, immediately afterwards);

all of a sudden, implementing a new function it doesn't work in a new sheet, at all; previous ones, in other sheets keep functioning correctly;  no change of the pc, Windows or Office versions; the excel file has now less than 6KB, less than 40 sheets, in some sheets some 600 columns, in some sheets some 600 lines.

1 Reply

@JorgeLx 

You asked the same question in Attn to Mr Hans Vogelaar and I posted a request for clarification there.

There is a Reply link at the bottom of each post.