SOLVED

Add to revenue if from a geographic location?

Copper Contributor

Hi!

I have an excel tracking financials of projects. Each row is a project and has columns which include revenue, number of staff who worked, and geographic location of the project. I'd like to create another document pulling from the first,  showing revenue by state in one column and how many staff work per state in another. What formula do I use?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by KellyPPlus (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@KellyPPlus 

Something like this? Note Sheet2 would be the one newly created and Sheet1 the one you already have. I opted to use a simple SUMIF function.

@Martin_Angosto 

Yes! Exactly like that, thank you!!!!

Am I able to do this between 2 separate workbooks, not just sheets within the same workbook?

@KellyPPlus 

Yes, you are able to do so and making the references to the original workbook as long as they are both open. If this is a matter of one-time task, I would recommend that once you have it done, copy the results by the formulas on the new workbook and paste them as values, just to make sure you keep all the data. If you need to have it linked to the original workbook... then you are left to trust the connection doesn't break at any point in time.

Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by KellyPPlus (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@KellyPPlus 

Something like this? Note Sheet2 would be the one newly created and Sheet1 the one you already have. I opted to use a simple SUMIF function.

View solution in original post