SOLVED

Add a Measure to Pivot Table but Table is not showing

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to add a measure to my pivot table.  But I'm unable to do so because table that I pulled the data from is not showing under PivotTable Fields list.  I don't have PowerPivot to set this up.  Any suggestions?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@rmclemons78 Measures are a part of Power Pivot (PP). So if you don't have PP, you can't use measures. And if the workbook contains tables created in PP, you can see the output, but you can do nothing with it  if you don't have PP yourself. For instance, open a workbook with PP pivot tables on a Mac, you can see the table but you can not filter/sort/expand or do anything with it and the Pivot Table Analyse (and Design) tabs will not become visible.

@Riny_van_Eekelen  Thanks.  That's what I was afraid of.  Appreciate the info!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@rmclemons78 Measures are a part of Power Pivot (PP). So if you don't have PP, you can't use measures. And if the workbook contains tables created in PP, you can see the output, but you can do nothing with it  if you don't have PP yourself. For instance, open a workbook with PP pivot tables on a Mac, you can see the table but you can not filter/sort/expand or do anything with it and the Pivot Table Analyse (and Design) tabs will not become visible.

View solution in original post