Sync Not Working - Couldn't connect to the sync server. Retrying...

Copper Contributor

Under the profile tab: Not syncing - Couldn't connect to the sync server. Retrying...

I've been seeing this error for a couple weeks now. This is an Office 365 G3 account, and I'm seeing the error on all devices signed in with this account:

• iPhone on iOS 13.4 with Edge 45.2.16
  • Windows 10 PC (Work) (Azure AD hybrid joined) with Edge 80.0.361.111
  • Windows 10 PC (Home) with Edge 80.0.361.111

I've also tried with the latest Canary release, 83.0.478.1 and get the same error.

2020-04-08 11_28_30-Settings - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

8 Replies

Hi,
couple of weeks, on all of your devices and on different channels, it just seems like a problem with your account itself, I don't know what extra features and options G3 subscriptions have in the administration panels but have you talked to your system admin about it? maybe they have to enable something?

btw when you go to edge://sync-internals/

the "Server URL" under "Environment Info" is empty, right?

@HotCakeX 

I actually am the sysadmin, and the issue is with my account. It was working just fine for a few weeks (since the public release of Edge Chromium) but then this problem just started out of nowhere.

Yes, "Server URL" is empty.

2020-04-08 12_30_02-Sync Internals - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

@dedbhs Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to hear that you're encountering some trouble with sync. We've reached out to our Enterprise sync team and will let you know if/when we can provide you with some insights. (Based on this documentation, it looks like you should meet all the prerequisites for sync, but feel free to take a look and confirm.)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thanks, according to that documentation it should work for my account. E3=G3 aside from data storage being in GCC for G3. I had this working before just a few weeks ago, but I've changed nothing within the admin portal or Azure AD. I have Edge installed on two PCs and an iPhone, and my profile exists across all three along with synced bookmarks up until a couple weeks ago.

@dedbhs 
I have the same issue. Did you manage to resolve this?

@dedbhs I too have the same issue with E3 account. I am global admin as well. At first edge was syncing successfully, but a few months back stopped. Whatever I do now does not matter, it shows that message and it won't sync.

@GoceR I have already invested tons of time fixing this by myself. At last logged a support request with MS. 

and do you have any feedback from the MS investigation?