Official Download links for Microsoft Edge Stable Enterprise

MVP

I'm not 100% sure it's final but anyone who wishes/wants can test it.

Microsoft Edge Stable Enterprise 

X64.msi
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2093437

X86.msi
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2093505

MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates.cab
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2099616

MicrosoftEdgeIntunePolicyTemplate.cab
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2099617

macOS.pkg
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2093438

Blocker Toolkit to disable automatic delivery of Microsoft Edge
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-blocker-toolkit

20 Replies
You should give some proper format of all these things? Or maybe the full process ? Or even what all these things are?

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
You should give some proper format of all these things? Or maybe the full process ? Or even what all these things are?

If you have no idea what they are, chances are they are Not meant for you.

they are Enterprise offline installers, the rest are very obvious to those who need them.

for normal users, use the Edge insider's front page:

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/

@Deleted  The Enterprise EdgeChromium links that HotCakeX provided and the Microsoft Edge Insider consumer link both download installers for identical EdgeChromum versions (Version 79.0.309.56), so there is no reason to use the Enterprise installer rather than the Microsoft Edge Insider installer. 

The difference between the two installers is that the Enterprise installer (MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi) and the Microsoft Edge Insider installer (MicrosoftEdgeSetupBeta.exe) is that the Enterprise installer embeds Version 79.0.309.56 into Windows 10, replacing EdgeClassic, while the  Microsoft Edge Insider installer does not embed Version 79.0.309.56 into Windows 10, leaving EdgeClassic intact.

I wouldn't bother with the Enterprise installer unless you have a "curiosity killed the cat" urge, because the Enterprise version is not intended for consumers, and installation of the Enterprise version of EgdeChromium might or might not update normally after the initial installation if you are running Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro rather than Windows 10 Enterprise.

Thanks bruh!!!! Nicely explained
I wouldn't call an opinion an explanation tho
You can read my comment here.
most of your assumptions are wrong because I tested it myself on Windows 10 pro.
you don't need enterprise edition of Windows.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Deployment-Fonts-Favorites-Sync/m-p/1082749

of course Edge insiders don't replace the classic Edge. they are never meant to do that and anyone who already tried at least one of the insider channels already knows that too.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployEdge/microsoft-edge-sysupdate-windows-updates

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/deployedge/microsoft-edge-blocker-toolkit

@HotCakeX  <em>"You can read my comment here. [M]ost of your assumptions are wrong because I tested it myself on Windows 10 pro. [Y]ou don't need enterprise edition of Windows."</em>

If you are referring to the sentence ["[T]he Enterprise version is not intended for consumers, and installation of the Enterprise version of EgdeChromium might or might not update normally after the initial installation if you are running Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro rather than Windows 10 Enterprise."] then I think you might have misunderstood the issue I tried to raise.

The issue I raised is not whether MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi will or will not initially install successfully on Win10 Home or Win10Pro (it will and does), but whether EdgeChomiumEnterprise installed through that msi will or will not "update normally after the initial installation if you are running Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro rather than Windows 10 Enterprise".

There is a difference between the two issues. At this point, the former can be tested (we've both done so), but the later cannot be tested because there have been no updates to EdgeChromiumEnterprise Version 79.0.309.56.  If I'm wrong about that (that is, if there have been updates to EdgeChromiumEnterprise Version 79.0.309.56 and you've tested post-installation upgrades on a Win10 Home or Win10 Pro consumer-side installation), I'd be interested in learning about your experience with post-installation upgrades.

The reason I flagged the issue is that Enterprise customers typically do not allow auto-update of software deployed in the Enterprise, but test internally before releasing an update, and, for that reason, Enterprise releases of software are sometimes designed to accommodate that practice by requiring manual intervention to install the update.

I don't know whether or not EdgeChromiumEnterprise will auto-update in normal course (which is the expected behavior for EdgeChromium installed on Win10 Home and Win10Pro) or require manual intervention (which is often the behavior of software deployed on Win10 Enterprise). That's why I said "might or might not update normally", and I stand by that observation, absent an advisory from Microsoft to Enterprise customers, and that's why I cautioned about the possibility.

Another caution to anyone running Win10 Home or Win10 Pro and planning to install MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi:

My experience with installation (hard metal, not VM or Sandbox) is that MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi installed correctly, but did not uninstall completely. Specifically, the installation removed EdgeClassic from Windows menus (as expected) but the uninstall did not completely reverse the process, probably because the uninstall did not completely reverse the changes made to Win10 during the installation process.

What I ended up with after uninstall was an instance of EdgeClassic that did not run normally. EdgeClassic was identified as LegacyEdge, and when the icon was clicked, nothing happened. Opening LegacyEdge required a right-click on the icon, followed by a click on a popup menu item "Open in New Window". When that routine was followed, EdgeClassic opened and seemed to run normally.

I don't know what your experience was after uninstall of MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi, but I'd be curious to know if yours was similar or different.  My test computer is a Dell Inspiron 3583 running Windows 10 Home 2004 Build 19041.1 (vb_release) -- that's the current Windows Insider Slow Ring build, and (as I understand it) the pre-release build, or close thereto. You might get a different result with 1909.

My opinion (and it is an opinion and no more) is that it is usually a mistake to mix and match Consumer-track software with Enterprise-track software. The two tracks are different (Win10 Enterprise has numerous enhanced features, primarily security features, and Enterprise-track software is sometimes subtly different than Consumer-track software to accommodate those enhancements) so you might not have a satisfactory experience trying to install, run and uninstall software intended for one track in the other track.

My best wishes for the New Year.

it should be updated normally.

Likewise :)

@tomscharbach 

It just updated right now

From

Version 79.0.309.56 (Official build) (64-bit)

To

Version 79.0.309.58 (Official build) (64-bit)

@HotCakeX"It just updated right now From Version 79.0.309.56 (Official build) (64-bit) To Version 79.0.309.58 (Official build) (64-bit)"

Just to be clear, the "it" you are referring to is EdgeChromiumEnterprise build installed on your computer via MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi, and not the EdgeChromium Insider Beta build?  (I rebuilt my test computer last night with a clean install and am no longer running EdgeChromiumEnterprise, so I can't check.) 

If EdgeChromiumEnterprise did, in fact, auto-update automatically, that's good news because it is one less thing to worry about.

Another interesting tidbit of information:

Yesterday morning, in preparation for the rebuild, I removed each and every favorite/bookmark from EdgeChromium Beta except the "ForumC" favorite, and waited 24 hours before reinstalling EdgeChromium Beta, which I did this morning, a few minutes ago.  

The EdgeChromium Beta I installed this morning is 79.0.309.58, which is no surprise. 

The interesting thing is that when I synced EdgeChromium Beta, what showed up in favorites/bookmarks were "ForumC" and all of the favorites/bookmarks from EdgeClassic ("ForumE", etc. -- see comments above for the list).  So it looks like Build 79.0.309.58 now imports EdgeClassic favorites/bookmarks upon install, which suggests that Microsoft is getting the build ready for deployment.  Not a surprise, exactly, but an interesting change in behavior.  Build 79.0.309.56 of EdgeChromiumBeta did not import favorites/bookmarks from EdgeClassic, and Build 79.0.309.58 does.

EdgeClassic remains intact, however, so installation of EdgeChromium Beta Build 79.0.309.58 does not trigger the "hide EdgeClassic" behavior that EdgeChromiumEnterprise did when I installed it last weekend using MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi.  That's not a surprise, either, since Edge Chromium Beta installs as a standalone and is not integrated into Windows 10.  It looks like integration into  Windows 10 will happen through the Windows Update installer when EdgeChromium Beta is released.

Yes, Edge stable Enterprise installer that this post is all about, auto updates, can be uninstalled from the settings or control panel, syncs successfully with Canary channel.

@HotCakeX"... can be uninstalled from the settings or control panel"

When you uninstalled EdgeEnterpriseStable on your computer, what happened? 

In my case (and this is what triggered the rebuild), the uninstallation was not entirely successful.   The uninstall appears not to have completely reversed the changes made to Win10 during the installation process.   After uninstallation, EdgeClassic did not run normally.  It was labeled "Legacy Edge" in the Start Menu, and opened only if I right-clicked the icon, then clicked on an "Open in New Window" menu item that appeared in a popup.  Once opened, "Legacy Edge" seemed to run normally.

My experience might have been a fluke related to running EdgeClassic and EdgeEnterpriseStable in a side-by-side configuration at one point in my testing, so I'm curious about your experience with uninstalling EdgeEnterpriseStable.

Okay I tested it, just for you :)
uninstall process completed normally, took few seconds. after that the new Edge's icons disappeared from start menu, taskbar and everywhere, as expected.
then I typed "Edge" in the Windows search, I could see both Edge canary and Edge classic's icons there, clicked on Edge classic and it launched normally.

@HotCakeX"Okay I tested it, just for you :)"

Thanks. 

My experience must have been a fluke, then, probably related to the fact that I ran LegacyEdge and EdgeEnterpriseStable in a side-by-side configuration for a short period while testing EdgeEnterpriseStable. 

I took care to reverse the "Allow Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience" Group Policy and rebooted several times after that in the normal course after I was done testing side-by-side feature of EdgeEnterpriseStable, but Group Policy reversal might not have stuck and that might have led to the uninstall issues I encountered.

Do you expect the consumer-side version of EdgeChromium installed via Windows Update to be similarly reversible, in the sense that it can be uninstalled after the initial installation has embedded EdgeChromium into Windows 10 and removed EdgeClassic from the Start Menu and such?

I'm kinda 50-50 on that, i think we have to wait 10 more days to see how it will be.

I could say that it will be uninstallable because most of the apps that can't be installed are UWP apps and the new Edge is not one of them, but then there are normal Win32 apps that can't be uninstalled either, like Notepad.
Btw,
to install Edge stable again, I downloaded the offline installer again from the same link above. after installing, i noticed it was already the latest version and no longer needed an update.

That means, this installer not only auto-updates, but also Microsoft keeps it actively updated and replaces it with each new update.

Actually the permanent link to the policies files are broken.

I don't know how to get to those links for other Microsoft Downloads either. It would be handy to have them for other Edge channels as well as Teams Machine-Wide installer etc.

But I guess only Microsoft knows them and sysadmins which need to regularly check for updates need to manually check the official download page.

For those wondering why choose between the two, I use the Enterprise version just because I use it in an enterprise setting, specifically on our RDSH server. I need to be able to control updates and have everyone use the same executable in one place, not install one for every user. In the same vein, I also use the machine-specific Teams installer for the same reason. So, yes, Enterprise version has its use. I otherwise use the standard version for PCs.

@CutlerTS Is there information for getting the correct uri for downloading a version to Windows 2019 Core?  For example, this link no longer works "wget -uri http://dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/c39f1d27-cd11-495a-b638-eac3775b469d/... -OutFile "C:\users\myprofile\desktop\edge.msi""   Where might the correct link be?