SOLVED

Edge shortcut for outlook on the web app stopped working

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I use outlook for web with Edge. Some time ago the shortcut for outlook web app I have pined on the taskbar stopped working. Gives me "The item 'mesedge_proxy.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or removed, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?"

Shortcuts for other web apps such as YT Music are still working. Also, outlook web app shortcut created and pind to the taskbar with Chrome is still working too. The issues seems to be related only to outlook web app created with Edge.

I'm using a work laptop joined to work domain.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any fixes?

Thank you

4 Replies

Hey there!

Have you tried creating a new shortcut? It sounds like that particular shortcut ran in to an issue since the rest of your PWAs are working fine, and a new shortcut might fix you right up. (Apologies if you've already done this, just don't want to overlook it!)

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Join us on Twitter, or over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

Thanks @Alexandra-R, not sure how I delete the shortcut as it is not on the desktop and only appears on the taskbar when I launch the app by going to outlook web app and clicking on open with button at the left corner of the address bar. Do these shortcuts land some specific place I can go to and delete it?

best response confirmed by 7ka123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
It looks like I was able to resolve the issue by deleting and reinstalling the app. The moment I reply to your suggestions I clicked around and found the place to manage installed applications in Edge. From there I removed the app, went back to outlook for web and installed it again. The shortcut is now working as it should/was. Thank you
That's great! I'm really glad to hear this is working for you again =)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by 7ka123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
It looks like I was able to resolve the issue by deleting and reinstalling the app. The moment I reply to your suggestions I clicked around and found the place to manage installed applications in Edge. From there I removed the app, went back to outlook for web and installed it again. The shortcut is now working as it should/was. Thank you

View solution in original post