SharePoint Designer vs Microsoft Flow

Brass Contributor
It appears the future of SharePoint workflows is to use Microsoft Flow instead of building Workflows in designer. This has me wanting to use Flow more plus you have Team Flows so its easier to share if someone leaves and I would say quicker to manage with multiple people. Has anyone used Microsoft Flow instead of designer for workflows for SP and had success? I just question reliability on flow because I connected multiple SP Sites to OneDrive folder so that when a file is placed in a folder it would sync to all SP Sites. It worked a few times then failed with a major error. I was just wondering if people had good luck with Flow so far?
3 Replies
Its been a bit iffy for me. Some of that on my learning curve to figure it out.

Not quite there for me to start re platforming existing workflows or using Flow full time for similar capabilities at this point (but very close).

There are some things we use frequently - like item-level permissions in SPD2010 workflows that are just not available.
And also you have to note some of the limits you have in Flow such as Flow execution frequency that it's tied to the Office 365 plan you have....to me Flow is the future, but as Brent has said, it's not currently a replacement of many stuff we have in legacy workflow engines
Thanks, I was watching the SP Summit yesterday and it had me thinking of using flow more. But I figured since designer is older and not updated it might be a good idea on making the change. In Flow, it doesnt appear that when a list item is created and it sends an email out that you can create a URL to that request like you can in Workflows in SPD. That hasent been added yet right? I know in Workflows you paste the display URL with ?ID=(ID Tag).