SOLVED

Modern site home page focus is not at the top of the page

Deleted
Not applicable

When I open up any SharePoint modern site home page to start off with you see the top of the page but then almost immediately the page automatically scrolls down so the focus is at the middle or bottom of the page.

I have set my pages up so that the News stories are at the top of the home page so users can always see the news first. However the focus of the page is scrolling past the news so you see the middle or bottom of the page.

This is happening on both pc and mobile access.

How to I make sure that when a user opens a site and the home page opens the focus is at the top of the page.

Thanks 

54 Replies
best response
Solution
Can't say I've ever seen this happen before, are you using a custom URL to access the site etc.? What if you manually type your URL in from another browser or in-private browser does it do the same?

Going to assume no custom SPFX Application Extensions have been installed that might be injecting code into this site as well?
I think it must be linked to the other issue I raised about the document library web part. The page was scrolling down to the start at the document library section. After I followed your advice and removed the document library web part and replaced with highlighted content the page now starts at the top. Thanks again for your help

We got the same problem as well. Although the landing page works again after removing the document library web part, subsites are still jumping to content within the site itself, not the top. Last week, everything was still working as intended.

Having the same issue on the pages, also have a doc library as a webpart.

Also have the same issue with a list instead of a library

Hello everybody,

same issue here with "List (preview)" webpart, our company has open a premium support ticket.

This is under investigation.

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste.

Can you post the response from Microsoft please?

Thanks

This is an interesting one...personally...I've not been able to replicate this within our intranet...but others across my company are reporting this issue...I would also be very interested in the response from Microsoft...please keep us posted...

Same Issue Here - any solution - just because you have document library - it should still stay to the top of page when loading?

This is under investigation for the moment :) I keep you informed

Any update on this.  Very annoying bug that end users are starting to complain about.

Same Problem here, so far users have not complained yet.  Let us know if you get an ETA or public problem tracker info

Exactly the same behavior here. What's the status on this issue, Microsoft?

Still in progress, they have reproduce the bug on her side.
I had an extensive support session w MS this week. As you suspect this is a bug with Modern pages. The tech full documented this with various screen shots and programming data etc. Hopefully this will help to escalate to a solution. We determined that when a page has a list or library it loads to that section of the page

Same issue on our side. It appears to be connected to the Nintex Online Forms app on our page. I haven't found a fix.

any news on the issue Jean-Baptiste

It seems it's hollidays for Microsoft. 

Last reply from Microsoft , 6 August :

"it seems like the hotfix is still in pending state. I will follow up with the PG and shall share more news on this one."

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
Can't say I've ever seen this happen before, are you using a custom URL to access the site etc.? What if you manually type your URL in from another browser or in-private browser does it do the same?

Going to assume no custom SPFX Application Extensions have been installed that might be injecting code into this site as well?

View solution in original post