SOLVED

How to set a Modern Page as homepage for a Classic Site?

Silver Contributor

We have modern pages being created in a Classic Site.  How are we able to actually set the modern page to be the home page for that site?

12 Replies

If you go to the Site Pages library (assuming that is where the page is created), please select the page and from the top menu options click on the 3 dots and select "Make homepage".  

I'm not seeing such option in the Site Pages library for a modern page
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
found it, you have to put the Site Pages library in the "New Experience" before you can see that option
I missed that option, thaks Brent!

I can't seem to find where to set the site pages library to "new experience."  Can you tell me where to find that setting?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

You can get to it through library settings -> advanced settings.

More details are located here for configuring when the modern experience is on or off:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Switch-the-default-experience-for-lists-or-document-librari...
If you still cannot find it. Please ensure that the new page that you created is not checked out.

This is not working for me.  Is there another trick to get a modern themed document library set as the home page for a classic site?  We're using Sharepoint online.

It's not possible to set a document library as a home page, you can only set pages.

As a workaround, you could create a page with only the document library web part on the page and set that page as the home page.

Okay, thanks.  That's what I thought.

@Darmadi McHydee wrote:
If you still cannot find it. Please ensure that the new page that you created is not checked out.

or you are not the site owner.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
found it, you have to put the Site Pages library in the "New Experience" before you can see that option

View solution in original post