How to load the Publishing news into the SharePoint User Homepage (/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx)

Steel Contributor

Dear All,

I'm trying to understand how to load the news pages we implemented into our corporate intranet portal (using the Publishing site template) into the SharePoint user homepage:

• https://[tenant].sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx

SnipImage.JPG

I understood the system is based on Office Graph to get all the published pages (News) created into the "Site Pages" libraries existing into the modern teamsite.

My question is now to know if there is a way to adapt the graph call or to modify the Publishing News pages to appear in that user home page.

Thanks a lot by advance

Fabrice Romelard [MVP]

PS: i found that messages explaining the key used in the Graph:

But without success into the publishing pages

3 Replies

I do not think that this page can currently be customized. I have heard that this may be changing and that the root site collection will be convertible to a Communication site, which won't address your specific issue, but will be very helpful to many organizations.

Thanks Dean,

I was also pretty sure to not have the homepage customization.

The question is to know if I can modify the publishing news page to be called by the office graph.

Fab

Following this conversation because I'm really struggling to pull Publishing articles into a communication site. I can get the stories, but cannot surface any of the image fields. It just seems like modern sites aren't going to play nice with these older sites (where we have tons of content).