Firefox not working with Quick Link Web part?

Iron Contributor

After some testing, it looks like the Firefox browser is not showing the Quick Links web parts that are on our sites.  Chrome, Edge, IE11 all still show the Quick Links, but Firefox acts like it doesn't even load the part information.  

In the inspector, I'm seeing two errors one from TokenFactoryIFrame  and the other from SuiteServiceProxy, each with the error "The page's settings blocked the loading of a resource at self ("script-src")....

Is anyone else encountering this?

16 Replies
Firefox for me recently is pretty much unusable when it comes to SPO. Not sure what has happened, but I quit using it due to issues experienced on Firefox rendering.
Well I went back and tested firefox, I just got an update earlier wondering if that fixed my issues cause pages seem to be rendering ok now. Try to update yours?

Seems like it is back to working, though the load is super slow.

@Deleted wrote:
Well I went back and tested firefox, I just got an update earlier wondering if that fixed my issues cause pages seem to be rendering ok now. Try to update yours?

What version of Firefox you're using? Nothing changed on our tenant - the quick links webpart still isn't working...

Thomas

I'm having the same problem with Firefox. After some research on my sites, I think it has to do with modern pages loading quick links or the hero web part. 

Pretty much inconsistent behavior in Firefox at the moment.

"SP143975 - Delays or problems loading SharePoint Online sites or OneDrive for Business"

I think now also Microsoft realised that lots of users facing the same problems...

Firefox version 61.0.1 

Everything is back to working now. AFAIK

Updated both Firefox and Waterfox to the latest patch, but Sharepoint is still unusable.

Sharepoint suddenly stopped loading our modern sitepage with quicklinks and pbi web part on Monday and it's still the same. We've asked our users to switch to Chrome :(

I think it is a server side patch that they are rolling out to tenants. We didn't update Firefox and it is back to working. So my guess is that you just need to wait until your tenant has the latest code.
That makes sense. I'll check with our Admin team. Just a big 'ol un-needed bother in my opinion.

The issue still exists in Firefox 61.0.1 for our site. It does not happen to all pages, but the ones with Hero web part and quick links together fail always. Again, the appearances of the web parts are also inconsistent. Sometimes the hero web part loads partially, sometimes it doesn't and the quick links appear. 

There are a lot of errors in the console coming from "sp-pages-assembly.js" for these pages.

Hope this gets resolved.

My site as well is still having this issue with firefox 61.0.1 and the combination of the Hero web part and quick links. Would appreciate any updates Microsoft may have!

This is the Message i've got from the O365 Support:

"We check the site and credentials provided by you in Mozilla Firefox and we have noticed that quick links web part are loading very slowly, first it is rounding and if we left the site for some time it is loading properly.

We are checking with our senior team what might be causing this, also thanks for sharing all the details including TechNet article so that we can provide all details to our team."

Firefox has started working for us. Probably the tenant update has kicked in.

Thanks, everyone.

Mine started working this morning too. Thanks everyone!

Also fine again here. Also my Ticket got closed:

"Error : styleMedia is not defined .This happens only for FireFox users.

Now issue is resolved after fix was deployed by the backend team"