Windows 10 'Sets' and Office 365

Silver Contributor

A new Windows 10 feature was announced this week that will benefit Office 365 customers and is worth sharing here, introducing Windows 10 'Sets'. 

This brings tabs to Windows applications, rather than switch to another app, you can run it directly beside what you are working on in a tab, much like in a web browser. This runs actual desktop applications in a tab!

Windows Sets New Tab 2.gif

As an example, you are in Word, you have some research in OneNote which you open in a tab and start opening some web links that you had collected, these also open in a set of tabs in the same window, alongside Word and OneNote.

What jumped out at me was on the new tab page you get an Office 365 feed similar to the new Office home experience, with access to all the Office 365 apps, recent documents, shared with me and discover options. 

Windows Sets New Tab.gif

As well as this there is a universal search, local, web and Ondrive and presumably the rest of Office 365 like SharePoint.  This I think is impressive with access to Office 365 just a click away from any application.

While the name will change and it's still very early days, for example, only supporting UWP apps, to begin with.  'Sets' will soon be available for Windows Insiders, for select users.  This is the next step of a more integrated experience that's really welcome!

More details:

An update on what’s coming next for Windows Insider

1 Reply
Great stuff!!