Friday Feature: Simon Terry

Former Employee

ST.jpg

Simon Terry                                              

Job Title: Change Agent (Consultant, Coach, & Speaker)

Company Name: Change Agents Worldwide

MVP Profile

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simonterry/

Twitter: @simongterry

1. As a Consultant and Coach, what do you find most fulfilling about your work?

What’s most fulfilling about my work as a consultant is helping clients find new valuable ways to achieve work goals. Collaboration & other new ways of work offer people step changes in their effectiveness and it’s great to see individuals, companies and teams achieve things that they didn’t think possible.

1. What tends to be top of mind for your clients, from an IT perspective? How does this shape your approach?

Top of mind for my clients at the moment is digital transformation. Increasingly this means more than just customer engagement technology. Businesses now want to be more customer focused, agile and innovative. They want to be digital businesses. Client’s need to be more agile and innovative in their approach to digital, which is why I focus on the people side of that digital change.

Collaboration using Yammer, Teams and Office365 provides a critical platform for digital transformation work across the organisation.

1. What do you find most powerful about collaboration technology?

I spoke on this at Microsoft Ignite with Cai Kjaer and Scott Ward, two fellow MVPs. The power of collaboration technology is that it breaks down the silos and the isolation of the older models of work. Suddenly people are able to contribute their whole potential and start to pursue the changes that matter to them. As organisations embrace this change, you get a digital but also a far more human workplace.

1. What excites you about mentoring others in your industry?

I love the mentoring aspect of being an MVP. I work out loud and that process of sharing my work means I get to interact with people all around the world. What many people don’t realise is that by sharing you learn more. I work out loud on my blog and in communities because getting my thoughts straight, answering questions and meeting people helps me to learn faster.

1. What’s your favorite part about the Microsoft MVP program?

My favourite part of the MVP program is the community of peers. I’ve learned so much, made great friends and been challenged to do more by the program. It’s this community that inspires me. An example is a blogpost I wrote on the work of Amy Dolzine

0 Replies