Shapes get resized after rotating (if it crosses sheet window)

Copper Contributor

Hello friends, i wonder if someone can give me an advice

First of all i want to mention that problem happens with me on all excels later then 2003 on all PCs

i have searched almost every topic and every solution

now the problem: when you insert autoshape via macro or via INSERT Tab (any size any shape) after rotating if it crosses sheet window it becomes smaller to still completely fit window. So it becomes a smaller in real different shapeUntitled.jpgCapture.JPG

>> In excel 2003 it would just move in shape to still fit sheet windows

Can i lock shape to from any type of resizing? "do not resize with cells" option is not a solution because a dont resize cells so that doesnot work

6 Replies

Hi Buba,

I don't know the answer, just played with your sample. In addition - the shape is resized if only the height is more than width and you rotate the shape on 45 degrees or more. Otherwise the shape is not resizing.

I guess there is no option, at least in UI, by which you may change such behaviour.

shape gets resize in any case if it would cross sheet.
in excel 2003 this is solved very correctly, shape moves inside and then resizes so it still fits and rotates

No in my case for Excel 2016

44 degree - not resized

image.png

45 degree - resized

image.png

Not sure about 2013, do not have access to it right now

you are correct,same here
and it will be same in 2013 also and in 2007.
in any case i need 45 or more degree ,might there be any VBA that locks resize but not moving?

Unfortunately I can't help with VBA, have no idea is that possible or not

anyways thank you ,will keep earching