Downloading Excel Spreadsheet Template to iMac

Copper Contributor

I am trying to use the "Loan Amortization" template and it won't populate the cells because of a "Warning TF03986974" for unsupported highlighting and formulas.  I am downloading this template spreadsheet from Excel onto my iMac.  It will download completely and populate the cells when I try it on my Windows laptop.  But not on my iMac.  Any advice on how to download Excel templates onto an iMac?

1 Reply

@jbbookkeeping 

You don't say which version of Excel you are using, nor did you provide a link to the loan amortization template. So I cannot be sure of testing what you are trying to do on my Mac. If I can reproduce your problem, I can tell you how to fix it.

I used the File...New from template menu item on my MacBook Pro with Excel 2016/Office 365 and found four templates when searching for "loan amortization." All four templates downloaded successfully (no error message) when I clicked the Create button.

Are you perhaps using Excel 2008 or 2011 on your iMac? Or were you downloading a template from someplace besides Microsoft?