Conditional Image size

Copper Contributor

I recently updated Excel 2016 for Mac and the conditional images I have are no longer sizing correctly.

I've set up an image that changes with the result of a selection from a drop down menu. It is virtually the same as the method described in this post:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Excel/Show-images-conditionally/m-p/72660/highlight/true#M957

However, the image that is displayed as a result of the condition, is not sized correctly when displayed. As a result, only a portion of the image (top left corner) is displayed. Adjusting the size of the image box or cell does not help.

Continuing with the referenced example above, it would appear as through the source image was zoomed in on, and only 1/4-1/3 of the selected marble was displayed in the result box. The source image and result image box are set up as the same size, but to get the image to fit in the result box I have to make the source image much smaller. As a result, the result image turns out very blurry and low quality.

This only started with the most recent update to Excel for Mac to Version 16.9 (180116) and affects new files, and files created before the update that were working correctly.

0 Replies