Remove slide icons and expand/collapse from Word.doc created from Powerpoint Outline.

Copper Contributor

I exported a PowerPoint Outline to a pdf then exported the pdf to an MS 365 Word.doc.

The sections of the Word.doc have an expand/collapse function and slide icons carried over from PowerPoint. I can remove the expand/collapse functionality with the ‘Clear all formatting’ button in my toolbar, but the icons will not erase in Print Layout view and I can’t find how to delete them. See attached screenshot.Screenshot Word doc.png

7 Replies

@Mark_L65 

Using the Find and Replace dialog box (Ctrl+H), you can search for ^g and replace with nothing. You can use the Replace All button, but note that doing that will remove all graphics in the active document.

@Stefan_Blom 

Thank you for relying to my query Stefan. I tried the ^g and 'Replace All' solution and it worked once for the first slide icon, but I could not get it to remove any more icons.

It says 'All done. We made 1 replacement.'.

When I try 'Replace All' again it says 'All done. We made 0 replacements.'?

@Mark_L65 

How did you create the outline, specifically? And how did you import it into Word? 

If you want to, you can share a sample document which illustrates the issue, and I'll have a closer look.

Thank for getting back to me Stefan, I have found a solution that works. Best, Mark.

@Mark_L65 

I'm glad you got it sorted. 

For the possible benefit of other people looking for assistance, how did you fix the issue?

Home ribbon>Editing>Select> Select Objects
Highlight all slide icons on page
>press Delete