pop up text options box in Word

Occasional Visitor

I don't know how to use this function without using the mouse. I find it annoying and want to get rid of it. I don't even know what it's called. When I look in help for predictive text I get info re auto correct'.


Thanks in advance

3 Replies

@gerrib Are you referring to the Windows "Show text suggestions" facility that is controlled via Settings>Devices>Typing?

Hi @gerrib 


If possible, maybe post a screen shot so we can see what you are talking about?




If the popups appear in other programs besides Word (such as a browser), it isn't a Word function but a Windows 10 feature. Go to Settings > Devices > Typing > Hardware Keyboard. If the "Show text suggestions as I type" feature is turned on, click to turn it off.