SOLVED

How to turn off: Golden Wavy Lines

Copper Contributor

Similar to the red wavy lines for spelling mistakes, I get gold wavy lines for formatting inconsistencies. However, they are very annoying sometimes, so I would like to know how to turn them off. Here is screenshot of these crazy golden waves to give you an image: 

wgibbs619_2-1658191720861.png

Any Advice?

9 Replies
If you right click on some of the text with those lines, what do you see?
I can't quite tell from the screen shot, but to me it looks like the underlines for spelling errors. Which language has been applied to text?
It is shown in the screenshot. "Make this text consistent with formating 11 pt, Bold, Black, Line Spacing: Double".
The text is Latin, and I have Latin turned on. I do not think it is because of spelling errors because it shows up on my resume document as well. (But I don't want to show a screenshot of my resume for privacy reasons.)

@wgibbs619 Right click and then left click on "Ignore Rule"

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1658376939234.png

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP I tried that, but that only applies for the one rule and there are like 20 different rules "broken" in that document. Also, that only changes for that specific document, so I would have to do that for ever document. (And, usually when I tell it to ignore the rule, it finds three different rules for that text.) 

Is there a way that I can just turn it completely off? Like how you can completely turn off spelling check.

best response confirmed by wgibbs619 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@wgibbs619 

You should be able to turn off the consistency checking, if that helps. Maybe the Editor has a separate option but there is one option available at File > Options > Advanced. See screen shot below.

Stefan_Blom_1-1658425220049.png

Thank you! That worked!
I'm glad I could help.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by wgibbs619 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@wgibbs619 

You should be able to turn off the consistency checking, if that helps. Maybe the Editor has a separate option but there is one option available at File > Options > Advanced. See screen shot below.

Stefan_Blom_1-1658425220049.png

View solution in original post