How to make repeating drop-down lists in word?

Copper Contributor

Hey,

I am using Word 2013.

So I want to make repeating drop down lists in one document. I want it so if I select an option in the first one the same will be selected in the others.

I tried copying the drop-down list and and paste it with paste-sepcial - link - unformatted text. It doesn't work for me, I just get back this: 

word.jpg

If I copy the link in my word document and paste it here it gives me the name back drop down list.

1 Reply

@ChaserHUN To do that you would would have to identify the dropdown list control by inserting a bookmark around it and then, in the other document, you would need to insert an INCLUDETEXT field that takes as its argument to full name (path/filename.extension of the document containing the dropdown list plus the bookmark,  The first screen shot below shows the field code for the INCLUDETEXT field in the document on the left and the dropdown list in the document on the right that has been bookmarked with DDList

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1656915463003.png

The second screenshot shows the result of the INCLUDETEXT field when the field code is toggled off.

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_1-1656915495239.png

After making a change in the dropdown list, it will be necessary to update the fields in the document containing the INCLUDETEXT field so that the change is reflected in that field.