Drop down, fill in + calculation

Copper Contributor
Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to have a sentence that at the end would have a drop down with the following options: from $500.00 by $200.00 to $300.000 or the person using the form can select from the drop down ‘unchanged at $xx.xx.’ I’ve figured out how to make the former possible, but not in a drop down with choices. I would also like to have it so that if one enters a negative number after the By that it will subtract that amount from the from and the result appear after the to. Alternatively, I’m open to having a drop down option for remains unchanged and then a from $ by $ to $, whereby one option does addition and the other subtraction. The numbers I used above are for illustration purposes only. Any guidance is appreciated. The path of least resistance is preferred. Thanks!
2 Replies
Bump.

@Dcphl2021 

I know that this is not exactly what you want, but it is information that can help you to handle your request yourself.

Activate controls in Word

In the standard installation of Word 2016, you will initially not have access to the controls, which is why you have to activate their visibility first.

To do this, click in an open Word document in the “File” tab on “Options” and then on “Customize ribbon”.

Check the box next to “Developer Tools”.

Create drop-down list

First, place the cursor in your Word form where the drop-down list should appear later.

Click the Development Tools tab.

In the Controls group, click the drop-down list icon (combo box content control).

In the “Controls” group click on “Properties”.

properties

Finally, enter the names and values for your drop-down list in the “Properties of content control elements” menu (the drop-down list must be selected during this time).

Add drop-down list properties

Add content control properties

When you have entered all the properties, click OK.

Should work now

Drop Down drop calculate 

{=Eingabe1+Eingabe2+(Multi*{ REF Dropdown1 })\#0,00}

You have to adjust it, of course

IMPORTANT: Everyone !! Create curly brackets with Ctrl + F9, change the field view with Alt + F9, update fields with F9.

Additional Information:

Create forms that users complete or print in Word

To create a form in Word that others can fill out, start with a template or document and add content controls. Content controls include things like check boxes, text boxes, date pickers, and drop-down lists. If you’re familiar with databases, these content controls can even be linked to data.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.