Adding multiple citations after each chapter in Word

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I am using Word for writing in my Macbook pro (Microsoft Word for Mac 2019). My word file has number of chapters with citations inserted while writing through references option. Now, I am want Word to add Bibliography at the end of each chapter by adding only the citations that in the same chapter. So please if you have a suggestion or solution that will be great. 

I found the following on University of Tennessee but that did not work with me

EndNote: Create separate bibliographies to chapters in a single document

Instructions

If you are writing a manuscript that contains several chapters and need o display a reference list at the end of each chapter but not at the end of the manuscript, then follow the instructions below. 

From the EndNote Library: Modify the style

1. Go to Edit -->Output Styles --> Open Style Manager and choose the style you are using (i.e., APA). 
  2. Click Edit and then click Sections from the left hand panel when the style window opens. This allows you to create multiple reference list for a single Word document.
  3. Check “Create a bibliography for each section.”
  4. Save the style as a modified version of the selection citation style , such as APA 6th Bibliography.

On the Word document: Insert section break to each chapter and apply the modified style

For Mac Users:

1. Separate each chapter by going to Insert --> Section Break
  2. Go to Tools --> EndNote --> Configure Bibliography making sure the style is set to the one you just modified, such as APA 6th Bibliography
  3. The Word document will automatically update the references and display them after each chapter.

For PC Users:

1. Separate each chapter by going to Page Layout  --> Break -->Next Page under Section Breaks
  2. Click the EndNote tab on Word.
  3. Click the arrow at the right corner of Bibliography.
  4. This will open the Configure Bibliography window. Make sure the style is set to the one you just modified, such as APA 6th Bibliography.
  5. The Word document will automatically update the references and display them after each chapter.

0 Replies