SOLVED

Windows Server 2022 Product Key

Copper Contributor

Good Morning everyone!

I am new to using Server Insider builds, (i have used normal Win10 builds for many years) just wondering where i could find & use a product key to activate Windows Server 2022 (latest built).

Any help would be great :D 

Thanks, 

Jay

24 Replies
The KMS activation is only for 180 days, after 180 days, you need to activate it again , it is troublesome, and if you find a KMS key online , it has as risk of black screen if the key is blocked !
I get the retail server 2022 datacenter product key from the Microsoft partner online store keyingo.com, and the server is running well without any problems, highly recommend !!!
I think you make a right decision , because the KMS activation is only for 180 days, after 180 days, you need to activate it again , it is troublesome, and if you find a KMS key online , it has as risk of black screen if the key is blocked,I get the retail server 2022 datacenter product key from the Microsoft partner online store keyingo.com, and it is easier to activate with the retail key directly, and you wont have any problems in the future too !

You can get the latest Windows server 2022 evaluation edition from
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/download-windows-server-2022
However, this is evaluation edition for 180 days, if you only want to use it for some test, i think it is enough, but if you need the full standard or datacenter edition , you need to convert it by using this command as administrator :
Dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerStandard /AcceptEula /ProductKey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX- XXXXX-XXXXX
Dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerDatacenter /AcceptEula /ProductKey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX- XXXXX-XXXXX
The product keys provided by chinchin85 are generic key , it can only help you to convert it ,but it cant help you to activate it
Because we have the same situation, i was trying to find a free key, but they were all not working , I think I will try the recommendation from @Sue1998, instead of buying it directly from Microsoft !

Thanks for your recommend , it worked !
Thanks , we got it activated