Like you, we are excited that Windows LAPS is now available! This new solution gives you the ability to easily manage and back up passwords for local administrator accounts on your Azure Active Directory-joined or Active Directory-joined devices. Password encryption and history, Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM) password backups, emulation mode, and automatic rotation—all these new capabilities can now be yours!
But we'd love to keep working with you to continue to improve Windows LAPS. So, let's hear your ideas and feedback. Here's how you can submit your suggestions:
- Bookmark the Windows LAPS feedback board: https://aka.ms/WindowsLAPSFeedback
- To submit your feedback, select the Submit an Idea button located in the top right corner of the page.
Note: You must have a Microsoft Tech Community account, and be signed in to that account, in order to submit feedback.
Screenshot of the Windows LAPS feedback board with the Submit an Idea button outlined in red
- Complete all required fields (those fields marked with an asterisk *). When you enter a Title for your feedback submission, the tool will auto-populate similar entries to avoid duplication. If you see an entry that matches your feedback, simply upvote the existing entry, and add a Message if you have additional details.
- (Optional, but recommended) Check the box for “Email me when someone replies."
Screenshot of the Submit an Idea editor with a checked box for Email me when someone replies and Post button outlined in red
- Finally, select Post to submit your feedback.
Once you submit your idea, we will review it and update the status accordingly. Here's a quick guide to what each status means:
- New = Not yet reviewed.
- Needs more info = We need more information about this idea, your use case, or desired support.
- In the backlog = Good idea! It's now on the list, but work has not yet started.
- Working on it = This idea is in active development.
- Completed = This request is now available.
- Not at this time = We currently have no plans to implement this.
- Duplicate = Another feedback item already covers this request. We'll include a link so you can upvote it!
You can come back to the Windows LAPS Feedback board anytime to see the current status of your submission. And don't forget to upvote your favorites!
Continue the conversation. Find best practices. Bookmark the Windows Tech Community and follow us @MSWindowsITPro on Twitter. Looking for support? Visit Windows on Microsoft Q&A.