SOLVED

Windows 11 sound problem

Copper Contributor

since i upgraded to windows 11, my laptop has no sound. I was trying update and reinstalling my sound driver but its still not working.

104 Replies

@Aghaz00  I did a reinstall via the cloud and still the same NO headphones :sad:

I also have exactly the same zenbook, and the same problems, I just rolled back. Windows 11 UI is hard to learn anyway, all the muscle memory I have for windows 10 is useless in windows 11. It may seem like minor complaints but they add up to give a not-so-good experience. But it seems I'll be forced to download it at some point, might as wait until the official version comes around.

best response confirmed by HenryYang (Copper Contributor)
Solution
In the latest cumulative update for windows 11 (10.0.22000.120)(KB5005188), The problem is solved for me.
Hope you guys also get resolved.
Nope :( Headphones are no longer greyed out , but switch from speakers to Phones and SPDF plays :(
I also had other problems like function keys not working and laptop doesn't go to sleep when I close the lid.
These problems have aslo been solved.

The problem is still there even after the latest W11 cumulative update

Cloud download or local install?, please reply
Cloud download for me
Hi Any one had s fix yet ? I still cannot use headphones on Sonic studio with my Asus Xonar AE
Solution for me was uninstall the current audio driver and restart. I also turned off audio enhancements in the audio settings.
Nope :( still the same
I have the same issue. I'm on the Insider program preview channel and just installed Windows 11 yesterday. I use an Asus ROG Strix Z490-E motherboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver's, now it won't pickup my 5.1 speakers at all. It works fine on USB headset.

@JexessXIII 

Mine a ASUS Rog B550 WiFI mb , had a similar problem when on Insider for Win 10 ?

Maybe Microsoft dont like ASUS

@JexessXIII 

Hi,

For those who are using Asus products, I solved my problem using Windows 8 64bit drivers on my product page on the Asus website, downloading Audio driver, and install it, then it needs restart and Bingo!

Thanks , but did not work for me , Win 8 driver says no compatible hardware ?
Hi,
I have an old N550JV, perhaps it is better to use the last audio driver which ASUS provide in it's website, it was was belongs to Windows 8 in my case, perhaps you can find driver for Windows 10.
BTW, it was a complete installation of a audio software not just a simple diver.
I upgraded to Windows 11 earlier this week. I too lost the sound. In my case, I have a Dell G5 5500 connected via the GeForce RTX 2060 HDMI port to a Denon 789 receiver. Even though the Denon receiver is visible in both the Nvidia control panel and the Windows sound panel, the sound panel indicates that the device is not connected. I reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver to no avail. I even tried with the generic HD Audio driver.
Have you found some resolution to ur problem or not? I have the same problem with xonar ae. I was trying to reinstall varial versions of win 11 and drivers but there were no results. I'm hoping that Asus would update their drivers to win 11 version or Microsoft fix this bug
Hi , Not as yet no Fix even tried like you tried a fresh install of win 11 , A new USB download not a Insider version .
Sill no Joy