SOLVED

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22622.436 (ni_release)

Copper Contributor

Cannot run this because its says not enough room on syytem reserved partition

13 Replies
How much empty space do you have in the drive which Windows has been installed?
Do you see any error code or error message?

@Reza_Ameri 

I have several giga bytes free space where Windows is loaded but the system reserved partition is only 99 mb .I cant seem to increase the system reserved partition no matter what I do ..

You don't have to worry about the reserve partition, the only concern is with the partition where Windows is installed.
I advise you to open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
How are you performing the upgrade?
Have you check for update to see if there are any pending updates?

@Reza_Ameri 

Error code 0x8024a205.I have repeatedly run troubleshooters /talked to Microsoft ..nothing works.I cannot even do a clean install .

@jooper25 

Hi, uninstall the applications installed on drive C, preferably those that you downloaded in the Microsoft Store (you can easily reinstall them) or others that are redundant and take up space in Drive C
just the update must have space for (repacking)

I did that ..at one point I had 70 gb free .Still wouldnt update,
The issue is not the space on C ..theres something else going on.

@jooper25 

And can you reset to the initial state?

@A1 

No I'm stuck I cant go forward and I cant go back.I wish I'd never signed up for the insider program ..

I can update everthing else in Windows 11 updates but not the insider update.Have tried exiting from the program but it says it doesnt recognise my id .Truly bizarre.
best response confirmed by jooper25 (Copper Contributor)
Welcome glad it was helpful
1 best response

Accepted Solutions