SOLVED

Windows 11 Dev 22449 Windows Update Error

Copper Contributor

After updating to 22449.1000 Windows Update only shows "Error encountered" message and won't check for update properly. What should I do to fix it? The Windows Troubleshooter for Windows Update also do nothing. Screenshot 2021-09-03 075156.jpg

8 Replies

@MajorTom910 I also have the same problem. I could not find yet how to fix it. 

@MajorTom910 Same, I also encountered this problem after updating in the dev channel of Windows 11

@MajorTom910 

I also have this issue,  has anyone found a fix or it?

edit:  I found a fix for me anyway.  Set your DNS servers manually to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

For whatever reason my netwrok DNS settings were not allowing me to connect to windows update service,

tried that. no luck.@HelloMyNameIs 

best response confirmed by MajorTom910 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I also have the same problem after updating to build 22449, so I posted the problem on windows discussion page. They suggested me to update to Build 22454 using the ISO file.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/windows-update-client...

It has an option to in-place upgrade the windows without deleting files and apps.

Edit:

Update - It worked, windows build updated to the latest version and windows update is working fine without had to clean install windows.

Yay! It worked. Thank you very much!
so appreciated it when heard that, I have been looking for the solution for a while, thanks for your sharing.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MajorTom910 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I also have the same problem after updating to build 22449, so I posted the problem on windows discussion page. They suggested me to update to Build 22454 using the ISO file.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/windows-update-client...

It has an option to in-place upgrade the windows without deleting files and apps.

Edit:

Update - It worked, windows build updated to the latest version and windows update is working fine without had to clean install windows.

View solution in original post