Upgrade issues

Copper Contributor

Hi - I try to upgrade to Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20236.1005 (rs_prerelease), but the upgrade get stucked at 28%. I have done the "normal" way do clear the problem by stopping Wuauserv, BITS, msiserv and CryptSvc - clearing SoftwareDistribution folder (Approx 10.4GB) and then starting the services again. But with the only result that a new download is ready for installation (i.g. the same version) and a new boot gives the same 28% stop. My %Windows.~BT folder is not empty (ca 1GB), but I am a little bit unsure to delete this if I am "in the middle" of an upgrade and by deleting forces me to go through a system restore...or a complete new windows version install. cleanmgr /D C /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /D C /sagerun:65535 doesn't clean the folder btw. Am I missing some log files to delete or any other comments/solutions? All the best, Stig

1 Reply

@Chicago0512 

Are you able to revert back to previous Windows 10 build?

Try open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

Normally such a behavior are due to some driver issues and when you submit feedback, Windows team could investigate and resolve the issue.