Problem with my insider win11 installation

Copper Contributor

I installed the latest Windows 11 Insider preview update and now I can no longer access anything because it keeps crashing and I always get bsods with constantly different stop codes like for example right now I have "bad pool caller" but first I I had "pnf list corrupted" and I can't resolve it I can't log in I can't rollback even if it goes into diagnostic mode it also crashes and I go into bsod with a lot of errors and I can't understand why until yesterday everything worked, what can I do to fix it?

2 Replies

I add that the build version is the following: 23545

Thanks for sharing the issue!

Bad_Pool_Caller is a blue screen of death (BSOD) error that can occur in Windows operating systems12345. It is caused by memory allocation problems and can lead to system crashes and data loss if not resolved1. The error occurs when a thread of your processor requests to use a resource that is currently unavailable or doesn’t even exist3. It can occur when a piece of software tries to use a processor thread that isn't available because a different program is using it2.

Fix error 0xC2: Bad_pool_caller
Windows 10
This error means that you may need to revert to a previous configuration of your PC.

Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then wait and press it again turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see a Please wait message.

On the next screen, select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options > Startup Settings.

Select the Restart button.

When your PC restarts this time, you can choose how to start. Choose last known good configuration.

Make sure that your drivers are current. In the search box on the taskbar, type drivers, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. In Device Manager at the top, select Scan for hardware changes. Select the Start button, then select Power > Restart.

Also try safe mode!

Hope that helps!

Shawn