Phone Link Widget is not available on the + Add Widget List

Copper Contributor

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22621.1325

Phone Link 1.23012.169.0

The option to add the Widget isn't on my list of available widgets.

Phone Link WidgetPhone Link Widget

13 Replies

I have same issue but the for me even the Game pass and Massenger are not showing up. I added picture in the spoiler.

Spoiler
Snímek obrazovky 2023-03-04 004308.png

same issue here, but after a while it showed up but now its gone after me having to reset windows 11, but even after reinstalling everything and I do mean everything it does not show up now thats a problem

@mlowery531 

I also don't have the option to put phone link into widgets, on two computers that I have. I have updated the microsoft store's library of apps. Documentation says Windows Web Experience Pack should be in the apps list, but I cannot find anything like that.
Me as well I have. Yet we still have to be tortured by the news against our will...
This problem still exists without any explanation or fix.

Mine is not there as well@mlowery531 

2023-03-28 15_35_00-.png

I had the same problem, the widget disappeared mysteriously two weeks ago without me changing anything. Today I got an "Windows Web Experiance pack" update and all of the sudden I got the phone link and messenger widget back! (the other two are missing because I have uninstalled spotify & xbox since I don't use them)

@mlowery531 

FYI, After I initiated an MS Store update of the Phone Link App, the option to add the widget became available. So my problem has been solved. Hope this helps.

@mlowery531After a restore point the widget vanished, then even after a complete reinstall of Windows and updating everything I still had to do something else to get the widget to show back up, I did a simple repair of phone link while it was running then the widget bar showed up it being available so they need to fix it where you can manually add the widgets from any microsoft app from windows store or else get rid of them dam widget bar completely, it don't wanna work 85 percent of the time anyway even if it has something to do with Edge

@mlowery531For what it's worth: In my case it showed up as "ms-resource:AppName". That would be the Phone Link widget (as recognized by the icon). However I do understand that it might not show up for everybody, but at least this might be helpful to a few people.

PeterBrodersen_1-1686222412499.png

This problem is still existing and no clear communication from MS still.

@b3n11 Mine finally showed up 2023-11-13 20_45_11-.png

Update: I had to install the optional updates from the Settings -> Windows Update -> Advanced Options -> Optional Updates. Well hidden menu and was not expecting it will fix the problem, but it did.