Can't enable enable memory integrity file, hswultpep.sys cause system to crash

Copper Contributor

When I restart the computer after selecting to enable memory integrity, a BSOD is shown saying there is a problem with the hswultpep.sys driver. Diagnostics are run and the computer restarts correctly but memory integrity is not enabled. What is the solution?
I have already tried sfc scan and disk image cleanup none was useful. I have provided an image below:
IMG_20230212_093348.jpg

3 Replies

Hello @AnTic_Win

See if this video fix helps you:

Let us know if this helps!

@Kapil Arya 
This video was about driver incompatibility issues, which I don't think I am having because in the memory integration window nothing is showing like that but what I am having is this error which I mentioned before while restarting the pc after turning on the memory integration. After that similar to your video my memory integrational stays turned off. 

@AnTic_Win 

Hi, don't waste your time in the Insider program -> it's not possible to enable memory integrity, did your version of Insider have memory integrity enabled before?

Millions of computers have memory integrity disabled -> Microsoft does not explain what is causing it (but I assure you that the computer is monitored and protected.)

Best regards

Green screen - Microsoft Community