Teams Multi-window support and Call Me generally available on Windows 365

Microsoft

We are happy to announce that Teams Multi-window support and Call Me are now generally available on Windows 365.  

The Multi-window capability provides users the option to pop out chats, meetings, calls, or documents into separate windows to help streamline their workflow. It also brings new experiences to Windows 365 such as, Call Me. Previously, during a Teams meeting, if a user went to check their calendar, the meeting window would minimize to the corner of the screen. Now with Multi-window support, users can view full-sized, separate windows for meetings/calls and the main Teams client during a Teams meeting.  

Additionally, meeting and call controls such as mute, video, chat, leave, and more are now located at the top of the meeting window so that they are always available and never block the underlying content. 

Separate windows

View meetings and calls in separate windows from the main Microsoft Teams client. 

PavithraThiruvengadam_0-1653003267357.png

Meeting controls

Easier access to meeting controls now located at the top of the meeting screen, out of the way of content and video being shared. 

PavithraThiruvengadam_1-1653003267360.png

Call me

This new feature allows users a way to transfer a Teams call to their phone over a PTSN network.  

PavithraThiruvengadam_2-1653003267363.png

Getting started 

To enable Microsoft Teams Multi-window on Windows 365, you must have installed Teams Desktop version 1.5.00.11865 or later. You can download this version here: MSI (125MB) or EXE (121 MB).

After the Teams desktop client is updated to version 1.5.00.11865, you will see a banner (see screenshot below) when you open the new Teams desktop client for the first time. Restart Teams desktop app to turn on Multi-window.

PavithraThiruvengadam_3-1653003267371.png

To verify Multi-window is on, right- click on any chat and if “pop out chat” is showing in the options, Multi-window has been successfully turned on. 

PavithraThiruvengadam_4-1653003267372.png

Call me feature is automatically available with Multi-window. Refer to Set up the Call me feature on how to set up your phone.   

Set up Teams on Windows 365  

Microsoft Teams comes included in the Windows 11 and Windows 10 images optimized for Microsoft 365 apps. For more information on how to enjoy the best Teams experience, refer to the Teams on Cloud PC documentation

Teams on Azure Virtual Desktop

Teams Multi-window is also available on Azure Virtual Desktop. To learn more, visit https://aka.ms/AVDTeamsMultiwindowBlog

2 Replies

@Pavithra Thiruvengadam 

Why do you have to restart Teams, on a fresh install, to order to use a new feature?  This doesn't work for non-persistent VDI.  Each user has to restart Teams, every single time they login to the desktop, in order to use a feature included in the new version.

@Pavithra Thiruvengadam 

I am running Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.21668 (6-bit) Citrix HDX Optimized for about3 weeks. However, I cannot pop out a chat, my controls are still at the bottom not the top of the screen, etc.. I am running the Citrix optimized version as I connect remotely to a physical machine in the office. (That connectivity has been called XenDesktop or PC Remote by Citrix over the year.)  What do you advise to get the multi-window functionality I seem to lack?