On-Premises Network Connection Creation Issues

Copper Contributor

I am having issues setting up my On-premises network connection.  I am sure I have all of my info correct.  It seems like the connection trying to work since I am seeing new objects created in my local AD.  Any help is appreciated.

Here is my error:

Status
Error
Details
A required DSC script cannot be accessed or run.
During provisioning, some PowerShell DSC scripts are executed on the cloud PC. We were unable to either download these DSC scripts or execute them. Please ensure your vNet has unrestricted access to the required endpoints, and that PowerShell is not blocked in your environment or Group Policy.

6 Replies
Ensure the VNET has access to the following urls/ports defined in this article = https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-365/requirements-network#allow-network-connectivity

Hi Eric

I do have same issue. I do have some questions:

1) When I click your link and than I click on "Azure Virtual Desktop required URL list" I see that there is a URL Check tool. Requriements are, VM must have .NET 4.6.2 framework, RD Agent, WVDAgentUrlTool.exe. Now my questions is, where can i Download the RDAgent and WVDAgentUrlTool to make the test? There no link for download this agent / .exe file.

2) Is there an easy way to test the URLs inside MS Azure by choosing the VNET? Or do I have to install a VM with the VNET, start the VM and check if the access works to the URLs?

Thank you.

@Kitram 

Eric has provided the correct URL. You need to allow list these URL's in any network hop that might block access - firewalls, proxies, etc. 

The AVD tool needs to be run on a VM once it's provisioned, so it's no help for you here. We do plan to add more checks to OPNC to give you more granular detail on what URL's are failing, but that's work in progress. 

If you want to test connectivity in Azure, on the vNet there's a connection troubleshooting tool you can try. It's not fool proof though, because you might have domain specific blocks applying to the VM via Group Policy/etc (ie, proxy, static routes, etc).

One final alternative to try is to build a VM manually in Azure, attach it to your subnet and perform a domain join. 

Once you sort out where your network is blocking connectivity, you'll find the rest of the process is really easy. 

Hope that helps. 

Hi matt, thank you for the reply.
The cause was blocked connectivity on firewall. Even it still shows a warning and telling me, that some of the AVD urls are not accessible, the check was successful.

Is there a public site, where i can see whats planned (like your mentoined about checks to OPNC) and whats new released in Windows 356?

Thank you.
We publish the items we are working on in an article called "in development" - https://aka.ms/w365roadmap

Not all items are listed as some are confidential and then some have not been added, we will be adding more over the next few weeks.
Hi I am getting the same error. How can I resolve it.

A required DSC script cannot be accessed or run.
During provisioning, some PowerShell DSC scripts are executed on the Cloud PC. We were unable to either download these DSC scripts or execute them. Please ensure your vNet has unrestricted access to the required endpoints, and that PowerShell is not blocked in your environment or Group Policy.